Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Inner Longing

What is it about sun bathing that we desperately want, other than receiving a tan? Do we enjoy the feeling of the hot sun on our skin? Does the warmth from the sun's rays reflect an inner yearning for the warmth of God's love? When we seek to immerse our bodies in the sun, are we really seeking to immerse ourselves in the Son?

Cry out for the hidden longings in the heart — for there is a deep hunger within each of us for more of the Lord. On busy days, this longing is almost unnoticeable. But in those moments when life slows down and we feel that something is missing, or that there must be more to life, we are feeling a nudge from the Lord to step closer to Jesus Christ.


O Holy God, immerse me in the warmth of your mighty love. Saturate me with your goodness and grace. Draw me closer to your heart. Make me more aware of your presence. Turn my heart and my thoughts towards You. Help me enter the quietness of your holiness. I need more of You. I want to bask in your Light.

For more encouragement by Lynn Zuk-Lloyd, go to www.promisegarden.com

No comments:

Post a Comment