Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hummingbird

A hummingbird lingered near one of the high branches of the evergreen tree. Its quick movements caught my eye as it circled the same spot, moving up, down, sideways, and back and forth. Then it stood almost motionless in the air for a few seconds, and darted away.

Seeing the tiny bird brought a spark of hope to my heavy heart. It was a reminder that God hears my prayers and that He is with me in times of sorrow. So I welcomed the joy of that moment, taking delight in watching the little bird and knowing that the Lord delights in and watches over me. It was also a reminder to let God comfort me and to receive the smile that followed.


I must never forget that the sweet nectar of God's love is always available twenty-four/seven. Like the tiny hummingbird, I can linger in God's goodness and grace. I can release my cares to Jesus and bask in the light of His promises. And I can know, without a doubt, that God is with me and will never leave or forsake me.

For more encouragement and breakthrough inspiration by Lynn Zuk-Lloyd, go to www.promisegarden.com

1 comment:

  1. I read this to my mom, who loves hummingbirds, and she was very blessed by it. I had her think about seeing hummingbirds at the feeder, flitting around, as I read it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete