Monday, December 19, 2011

The Gift of a New Day

Darkness slowly crawls into the background as the sun peeks its head over the horizon. It's another dawn, another day, another opportunity to enter into life. But am I ready to embrace the gifts that await me?

As the sun rises, will my heart also rise up with brightness and joy? When the daylight pushes away the darkness, will I also be willing to let go of yesterday's pain? When the sparkling dew or the morning frost washes the day with newness, will I also be willing to wash away the memories of past mistakes so I can embrace the new opportunities that come today?

Awaken, O my soul, and enter into this new day with a right heart, a positive attitude, and forward-facing thoughts. Help me, Heavenly Father, to embrace your gift of a new day with joy and thankfulness. Thank you, Jesus Christ, that You will be walking me through today. Holy Spirit, break through every barrier that binds me, and let me feel your guidance every step of the way.

If you found this post helpful, please share it by clicking the Facebook, Twitter or other buttons below. Thank you.

For more encouragement and inspiration by Lynn Zuk-Lloyd, sign up for her email newsletter on
www.promisegarden.com

No comments:

Post a Comment