Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Dancing Frost

Sparkling in the sunlight, the heavy frost takes on the appearance of a million diamonds. An even coat of dazzling white covers the gray roof. But it's the way the sun makes the ice crystals dance on the shingles, that catches my attention.

There are times when I feel frozen, like the roof across the street. I can't seem to budge from the place where I'm stuck. I need someone to shed light on my thinking, pull me out from the shadows, and enable me to see beauty in the tough situations. And this is where my Savior comes in. It's in the light of God's love where I can get up and dance, instead of sitting and sulking. It's warmth and compassion of Christ's heart that lifts me up, when I'm down in the dumps. It's the joy of Jesus that awakens my soul to delight in His ways, and strengthens my weary body.

So when I see the sun shining on the morning frost, and the beauty of the glimmering ice particles, I remember the Lord. For only Jesus Christ can thaw out my icy attitude and show me how to bless, despite the frigidness of the conditions around me.

If you found this post helpful, please share it by clicking the Facebook, Twitter or other buttons below. Thank you.

May you breakthrough every obstacle that is keeping you from the abundant joy found in Jesus Christ. For more encouragement and inspiration by Lynn Zuk-Lloyd, go to
www.promisegarden.com

No comments:

Post a Comment