Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Light at the Tunnel's End

It's on those cloudy days when we cannot see the sun, and have trouble leaning on the Son of God, that the Lord works behind the scenes. He sets everything in place so when the time is right, we can feel Him lift us up.

That happened to me. After two months of continuous discouragement, I grew weary and frustrated. The same old burdens and circumstances that had plagued me for years, still stood in the way. And when I finally saw light at the end of the tunnel, and rejoiced for a brief moment, the heavy weight of all I've been through came crashing down upon me. I couldn't go any further. I saw daylight where the long, dark tunnel ended, but could not reach it. My strength was gone. I melted down and cried.

Out of desperation, I allowed my church group to comfort me. My Christian friends surrounded me with prayer, compassion, words of encouragement, and prophetic words. I no longer felt alone. I felt weak, and discovered that it was OK to feel that way. It was OK for others to lift me up before the Lord. It was OK to let others guide me into God's love and into His understanding. It was OK to bask in the truth of scriptures that others were washing over me. It was OK to NOT have the strength to continue on my own.


The next day, a new hope rose in my heart. The challenges in my life still remain, but so does the light at the end of the tunnel. I know that walking out of the dark tunnel will become a reality, but it will not happen on my own strength. It will happen by the strength and power of the Lord God Almighty. Through Him, I will be able to step forward. Through Jesus Christ, I will be able walk into the light of His glorious love and into the plans He has laid out before me. I now sing and rejoice, for the Lord has set my heart free! I celebrate because Christ has won the victory for me. Alleluia!

For more encouragement and breakthrough inspiration by Lynn Zuk-Lloyd, go to www.promisegarden.com

No comments:

Post a Comment