Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bending Wood

It's amazing how wood bends with unimaginable flexibility when the wild wind twists and turns the tree branches in all directions. I need to be like that tree. On my own, I am stiff and rigid. I only know one way of doing things -- my way. And when the winds of life shift my ability to be in control, or the unexpected storms blur my vision, or the blistering heat burns holes in my finances, I get upset, angry and frustrated. I instinctively resist the problems and challenges that block my path. I fight against change, and life becomes hard.

But it doesn't need to be that way. I need to become flexible, like the joyful tree branches swaying in the wind. They don't wine or complain. So what if they loose a few leaves or extra branches. They didn't need that extra weight anyway. And I don't need extra weight either. I need to drop whatever is weighing me down and stay attached to the living tree of Jesus Christ. Only in the Lord can I gain the strength, wisdom, knowledge, and love to become bendable.


When I'm attached to Christ, He teaches me how to ride the turbulent winds of life. When the rain comes pouring down, I need to shout for joy. When the wind blows fiercely, I need to stand on God's promises. When the sun refuses to shine, I need to bask in the light of God's love. These are the things I need to practice with the help of the Holy Spirit. These things are attainable when I fix my eyes on Jesus and yield to Him.

For more encouragement by Lynn Zuk-Lloyd, go to www.promisegarden.com

No comments:

Post a Comment