Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Miracle of Provision

Two weeks before our tax was due, our accountant gave us the bad news. The amount we owed was way beyond anything we had on hand.  My husband and I didn’t know what to do. Yet Scripture talks about God providing for HIS people and declares that God feeds the sparrows, and that we are more valuable to God than the birds. In Matthew 10:31, Jesus Christ says, “So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”

So I took advice I read in a book by Nichole Marbach, about Jesus’ name being above all names: I wrote down the tax problem, plus a list of other issues, challenges, worries, concerns and fears. Then I wrote “Jesus Christ” in large letters at the top of the page, above the long list, acknowledging that HE is indeed higher than all things. I gave my list to the Lord and thanked HIM for being above all things and thanked HIM for being my Provider.

The day the bill was due, there was enough money to cover it. I took the envelope to the post office, asked for it to be hand-stamped to show the date it was mailed, and went home praising the Lord. For HE is never short on miracles.
For more encouragement and inspiration by Lynn Zuk-Lloyd, sign up for her email newsletter.

1 comment: