Thursday, December 13, 2012

Heavenly Breeze

Soft light filters through the porthole-sized window. My husband reads a novel while I listen to the drone of the jet engine. It hums like a mechanical lullaby. I close my eyes and feel a sweet peacefulness encircling my weary body. God is with me and all is well. I breathe a sigh of relief as we fly through the sky high above a sea of ever-moving clouds.

Thank you, Lord God, for a time of rest. Thank you, Jesus Christ, for your Eternal Arms that never cease to hold me. You hold the entire world in your mighty Hands. And even when the passengers around me cough and sneeze, I know that I can inhale the holy air from your Heavenly breeze.


May the wonder working miracles of God's amazing grace lift you high above the worries that vie for your attention.

For more encouragement and inspiration by Lynn Zuk-Lloyd, sign up for her email newsletter.

No comments:

Post a Comment