Friday, June 1, 2012

The Rabbit

What a pleasant surprise to open the front door and see a rabbit in my yard. As I watched, the bunny nibbled on a blade of grass and some weeds before hopping onto the sidewalk. Then it stopped and looked at me. Who was more curious? The rabbit or me? For a precious moment, we connected. Our eyes locked. It posed for a picture, then ran off.

This reminded me of the precious moments when I become aware of God. Am I more curious about Him or He about me? Scripture says that the Lord delights in His creation. He rejoices over His people with singing. When I look at Christ, I can picture our eyes locking, too. But I don't see the look of fear that the rabbit exhibited. I see goodness, joy and glory. I see acceptance, mercy and love.
 

If you found this post encouraging, please share it by clicking the Facebook, Twitter or other buttons below.

For more encouragement and inspiration by Lynn Zuk-Lloyd, sign up for her email newsletter.


No comments:

Post a Comment