Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Waiting for Change

Yesterday, the wind blew harshly against the bare trees. Branches creaked back and forth, under the gloomy, gray sky. Some of the weaker ones fell off, barely missing the small birds and animals looking for shelter. Today, the wind is gone, the cloudless sky is a beautiful shade of deep blue, and young squirrels leap from branch to branch. Even the chickadees are pecking at trees to find insects, while the mourning doves rest upon on the high branches to bask in the warm sun.

I am so thankful that change happens, storms pass, seasons come to an end, and new days can begin with hope and expectation. I am so grateful that the way things are today, they don't have to be tomorrow, that blue skies lie beyond the dark clouds, and that the sun is always shining somewhere.

The wind still blows harshly in my life. The things I try to do still come apart at the seams. Passing clouds still try to obscure my vision. But I have hope — hope in the promises of God, hope in the plans He has for my future, and hope that He will get me where I need to be. And because of this hope, when I fall down, I can get up again. When I fail, I'm one step closer to success. And whether the sun comes out or the clouds cover the sky, I can still scamper with delight up to the Tree of Life, and celebrate Jesus Christ.

May you breakthrough every obstacle that is keeping you from the abundant life that Jesus Christ has for you. For more encouragement and inspiration by Lynn Zuk-Lloyd, go to
www.promisegarden.com

No comments:

Post a Comment