Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Roaring Power


The neighborhood was relatively quiet. It was a peaceful afternoon, with a warm breeze and plenty of sunshine. Out of nowhere came the increasing rumble of a freight train. It tooted its whistle and rushed by like a roaring wind, shaking everything in its path. Then it was gone.

Though the passing train lasted only a few minutes, the impression it left on me lingered for quite some time. My life was interrupted by its powerful approach, I was awakened by its thunder-like rumble, and stirred by its tremendous strength. There was no way that I could have not noticed the change in atmosphere.

Then a question came to mind. Will I let God's mighty love interrupt my every thought and every action? Jesus Christ wants His people to see the powerful positive effects of His love. He wants to interrupt our lives to radically change us so we will never desire our old ways again. Do I want a radical change? Am I willing to embrace Jesus Christ and His Kingdom in every thought, word and action? Will I be willing to be like the mighty freight train, interrupting the quiet, little world of the folks around me with the mighty power of God's amazing love?

May all of us breakthrough the obstacles that are keeping us from entering into the splendor of God's majesty. For more encouragement and inspiration by Lynn Zuk-Lloyd, go to
www.promisegarden.com

No comments:

Post a Comment